Wednesday, February 25, 2009

1:38 PM: This weekend...

I'm going to Scotland! To the home of my ancestors! To funny accents, weird food, and gorgeous countryside! To Glasgow, not Edinburgh (that's later, with Mom and Dad over Easter)! Can you tell that I'm excited about this?!?

(Oh, and I know it says I'm posting this 6 minutes after I posted my Paris blog. No, I didn't write that whole thing in 6 minutes. I wrote it sometime last week when I had some free time. This week... yeah, not so much. I have enough time to write a teeny blurb about this weekend, and then I'm off to classes yet again.)

So, Scotland. I'm going with Caris, Kristen, and the three musketeers: Kaytee, Lily, and Jesse. They're are so much fun. We're staying in one big room in a hostel. I foresee some fun, memorable times, possibly involving haggis...

Anyway, details to follow. I'll post the rest of the Paris blog (I got about halfway, I think), smallish blurbs about Brighton, Kent, and Hampton Court Palace, and then a fairly hefty blog about Scotland. I wonder what it's going to feel like. When I step off the plane onto Scottish soil, will I feel like I've returned home? Will I understand the accents better than most? Will I relate to the Scottish and the way they live? All these questions I've been wondering about for years... are about to be answered. Wow.

We'll see if I have any time tomorrow to write. Unlikely, but still, I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment